Have you ever thought how clothing brands print designs onto their garments? It’s through a very simple process called heat-transfer printing.
Heat transfer printing is the process of using heat to transfer an image from wax onto an object. Generally, the printer works by pressing the ribbon onto the printing object and heating the opposite side until the ink melts off the ribbon and transfers to the object. The end result? A decorated clothing garment.
Using a heat press to decorate garments is an easy and cost effective way to enter the garment decorating industry as it provides you with the opportunity to personalize a wide variety of items to your desires. Make beautifully printed T-shirts, team uniforms, bags and fan wear for every industry, from the corporate industry all the way to school clubs and small businesses.
The three key components to consider when using a heat press is
- the amount of time (in seconds) that heat must be applied to the garment,
- the optimal degree of heat that the design will adhere to the garment and
- the amount of downward force that will be needed when applying the heat, temperature and pressure.
Every heat transfer material has its own heat printing instructions and it is imperative that you follow these to get the best results on your garment. However, the tricky part comes in when you must choose the right heat press for your project. How do you know which type of heat press is right for your task? Before you choose the right heat press to use, it’s important to consider these several key factors:
- Space: You have to acquire a suitable working area for when you have to work on your garment. This space should ideally be able to accompany your heating press machine and all the other equipment you may need when making your garments.
- Production: It’s important to also estimate how often you will use your printing press. If you are going to be using your heat press very often then it would be beneficial to purchase a heating press that will be able to last for a long time, to be able to withstand the frequency of its use.
- Size: The type of garments you will be decorating will determine the size of the heating press that you should purchase.
- Experience: Just as with any machinery, you need to learn how to use it. When purchasing your heating press, you need to account for the amount of experience you have working with the machinery. Buying a complex heating press will be difficult for you to operate if you do not have much experience working with the machinery.
- Cost: Finally, it is also vital to consider how much money you are willing to invest in the purchase of your working press. If you are looking to develop a long-term business, then it is wise to invest in good heating press equipment that will bring your business into fruition.
For more information on any printing machinery, don’t hesitate to contact us on 0861 SYTECH.