Vehicle wraps aren’t meant to be installed and then forgotten about. As with other parts of vehicle, your vehicle wrap requires regular attention to ensure it remains looking fresh and sparkling new. However, it’s very important that you follow the right procedures when cleaning your vinyl car wrap to ensure that it doesn’t chip, fade or peel off.
Here are some do’s and don’ts of how you can take care of your vinyl car wrap:
- Wash your car regularly with a mild detergent, clean water and a soft microfibre cloth or sponge.
- Always wash your car from the top to bottom to ensure that dirt and any contaminants run off the vinyl.
- Let your vehicle air dry or dry it off with a microfibre cloth to make sure that the vinyl doesn’t lift off your car.
- Read the labels of car care products that you use to clean your vinyl car wrap to make sure that you adhere to the correct safety instructions.
- If you are unsure of the safety of your cleaning, test a small amount on a small section of the vinyl car wrap.
- STAY AWAY from high pressure cleaners or mechanical brushes to wash your vinyl car wrap. They can cause your vinyl wrap to be scratched, peel or chip around the edges.
- Don’t allow any fuel or corrosive substances to be in contact with the vinyl wrap. Wipe them down as soon as they come in contact with your vinyl car wrap to avoid any lifting and peeling off. If any fuel or corrosive substances come into contact with the vinyl, spot clean the area with isopropyl alcohol and a microfibre cloth.
- Do not apply any type of car wax (especially carnauba-based wax) polishes, matte or carbon fibre on vinyl graphics.
Applying a laminate over your wrap can also ensure UV protection and protection from abrasion and ensures that your wrap lasts for longer.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for your graphics and signage needs!