In the era of digital art, graphic design trends are constantly evolving. What has been seen as modern for the past few years may look completely outdated next year.
Some design trends have stood the test of time and others have vanished in a heartbeat to make room for new, modern looks.
2018 is the year of innovative designs and wild imagination.
The top 7 graphic design trends of 2018 are:
1. The “Glitch” Effect i.e. the corrupted image
2. The “Ruined” Effect a.k.a. “art of destroying”
3. “Color Channels” Effects. These are illusional effects like holographs, hallucinations and distorted realities.
4. Double Exposure. Designs that intrigue and often amaze the viewer.
5. Double Exposure Duotone. This is achieved when a designer uses two different overlapping images in monochrome colors.
6. Double Light. i.e. an effect that can be achieved with two actual sources of light, or color channel splitting.
7. Creative typography. This trend has been taking the lead for several years and can be combined with other creative techniques.
2018 has been a year of digital creativity which has birthed many out-of-this world designs that art enthusiasts, audiences and consumers can only admire.
Interested in turning your graphic designs into printed masterpieces? Feel free to contact our team of specialists today.